Monday, December 19, 2011

Craftin' - Part 3 - Brave Girl Charming


This summer I had Brave Girl "mini-camps" where several of my friends/family came over and we worked on our Soul Restoration 1 projects.  I did a couple of posts about it in April.  Here's one of the first ones


I was also lucky enough this summer to go back to the real Brave Girl Camp as part of the staff. Going back to serve a new group of girls was an amazing blessing.  I learned so much more and made so many new friends!  It was awesome!


Look at how sparkly they all are in this picture!!  That is exactly how this July camp felt - wonderful to spend time with all these bright, shiny, amazing women!


Anyway, over the last couple of months, I've been gathering vintage beads and charms, and I've managed to cobble together enough to create several "Brave Girl" charm bracelets for a few of these special girls.

 
As you can tell, they are all different metal tones, and beads with lots of color. That means they go with EVERYTHING, right?!



Every bracelet is different, but they all have several of the Brave Girl symbols: soul houses, truth tellers, brave girl boots and hats, and lots of heart(s)!


I've never made jewelry before, so this was a bit intimidating, but after the first one, I got the hang of it, and I was able to put all these together over just a couple of evenings.    


Of course, I made one for myself, too!  It will be fun to wear when I need a little bravery!

Linking up here, here and here.

25 Days of Christmas

19.  Snow? Love it? Dread it? Tolerate it?

In Texas, we get it so rarely that I like it.  When we get it, the city shuts down (so I get to "work from home"), but then it's gone within 2 - 3 days.  Also, it makes everything look so clean and pretty.  All that being said, I think that if I had to live with it and drive in it and actually continue normal activity in it for months at a time, I would probably be leaning more towards the DREAD end of the spectrum.  Since I'm off to Wisconsin in a few weeks, we will see pretty soon how I like it.  :-)