Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chicken Little's Christmas Tree

Chicken Little has had a Christmas tree in her room since she was very young.  For years, she had a pitiful, old pre-lit tree that didn't light up.  She would have to add lights to it every year, and each year it was a bit more ragged.  Finally, last year we finally just threw it away. 
This Fall she got busy on ebay looking for a replacement.  Here's what showed up mid-November...

It's really cute!  She was so excited because I let her use my Granny's old tree skirt.  I figured they were probably the same vintage.


Every year, I've given her a couple of ornaments for Christmas, so she has amassed quite the collection of fancies. 




Do your kids decorate their rooms for the holidays? 


25 Days of Christmas

20.  Do you remember a favorite gift?

Oh my, I've been lucky to have sooooo many wonderful gifts.  Of course, there are all of the handmade gifts from my artsy CL.  But, after those, most recently, I have to say that last year I got a pair of Ugg boots.  I've always thought they were really, really ugly, and never would have asked for them.  They were truly a gift that I didn't know I wanted.  But now, I wear them almost EVERY day.  My feet are always cold, and they keep me all snug and toasty.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!