Sunday, December 18, 2011

Craftin' - Part 2 - Art Journals

I'm letting the cat out of the bag a bit early because I'm giving these away as gifts this year.  I've been binding art journals.

I don't know why I decided that I knew how to bind a book, but I did, and I'm hoping they stay bound. 

I've used covers from old books that I got at the thrift store.  I cut out the guts so that I could replace them with 140 lb. watercolor/mixed media paper.  I've also thrown in a few various bits and pieces of other papers, bags and envelopes just to make things interesting. 

Once that's done, I stitch and glue it all together and WA - LA! 



Oh yeah, I add either sticky back canvas or this product called fabRips to the outside of the spine to reinforce it.  One a few of them, I also added a button and a ribbon so that they could be secured closed. 

After the first few experiments, I really tried to find some hard back books with pretty covers.  I have to say that it will be really hard to give these away.  LOVE!

Linking up here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

25 Days of Christmas

18.  How do you decorate your tree? 

I should have read all of these questions in advance and rearranged them to go with the appropriate posts because I keep repeating myself!  So, for the answer to this one, check out this post from last week!  And, I'm STILL lovin' my tree!