Monday, December 12, 2011

Mantel & Music

This year I did manage to keep my Christmas mantel pretty simple.


I just added a  pinecone garland, come candles and the reindeer and I was done!  And I like it! 


We don't put our stockings on the mantel.  Instead, I hang them on a halltree that sits by the garage door entry way.  I've been doing this for the past couple of years, and it works for us!  Plus, when Santa comes, we don't have to worry about them being too heavy for those flimsy stocking hooks.  Woo hoo - fill 'em up, Santa - we've been good (mostly) this year!



Linking up here, here, here , here and here.

25 Days of Christmas

12. What's your favorite Christmas song?

It changes every year, but here are a couple I'm liking right now:

U2's version of It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)


Trisha Yearwood singing Sweet Little Jesus Boy, and of course, let me date myself by adding this one: