Monday, October 11, 2010

I Wanna Win!

I promise, this will be my last Fall decoration post...at least from my house.

I'm LOVING the pumpkins I put on the porch and in the yard the best of all. We have a Yard of the Month contest in the neighborhood, and I. Want. To. Win!

I just hope that they do the judging when all of the mums are blooming. There aren't any pictures of those because they haven't opened yet. I think by next weekend they should be out in all their glory. I know, I know, I shouldn't care that much, but I just can't help it. I've seen those other winners and they are not anywhere near as pretty as mine... ahem...in my humble opinion. :-)

Anyway, here's the porch...



I just love my shiny pumpkins. I'm hoping that the Mop 'n' Glo helps preserve them as well as shining them up. (If you want shiny pumpkins, read here for how to do it.)


So that was my little tiny porch, and then I put these pumpkins in the corner of one of the front flower beds. The other side has the mums that are about to open, so no room for pumpkins over there. The mums on this side didn't fare as well - the ones in the picture are the only ones that came back this year.



Hmmm... looking at this last one, I'm thinking we need to put down fresh mulch...maybe that's what the judges are looking for. And if they don't pick our yard this year, then it will be painfully obvious that they have no taste at all. ;-)