Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not so Simple Fall Mantle

I've finished the Fall transformation. Everything outside is still as green as it can be - not even a hint of changing colors - but the inside looks warm and cozy, and I've done my best to transform the outside, too.

First things first - the mantle. My mantle decorations have been the same for the past 5 years, and they are getting T.I.R.E.D. I really, really, really, really, really want to throw it all away and start over, but I'm restraining myself (I know it's hard to believe).

I'm hoping that I may be moving soon (cross your fingers and say your BIG prayers, more on that later). I know that I do not want to go out and buy even more stuff that I would have to move. So, here it is, my WAY overdone, but still festive Fall mantle.




And here's the coffee table, and the chair that you can't sit in because you'll fall through (the seat needs to be tightened).



How did I get the real pumpkins so shiny, you ask? Well, I'll tell ya - when you get 'em home, wash all the dirt off, then dry them. Make a mixture of 1 part Mop 'N Glo and 1 part water and put it in a spray bottle. Spray 'em down and let dry - don't dry them with a towel because you'll wipe all the shiny off - and voila!

I LOVE the ugly gourds the very best.

Maybe I should downsize - put a few of these things back in the storage bin. I want simple, but I have NEVER done simple. I don't have to put everything out just because I have it, right? We'll see...

I'm linking to the "Fantle" (fall mantle) linky party at The Nester. My first one... yay! Check it out HERE - tons of inspiration - will make you want to completely redo everything you've done. :-)