Monday, January 30, 2012

Progress - Week 2


 
Update on last week:

  1. Work: get caught up on email; consolidate and start working on my "To Do" list. (On Tuesday, this looked good, by Friday...disaster! I'm giving myself half credit because I did it, but then didn't maintain. Same goal again this week.)
  2. Health: work out at least four times for at least 30 minutes each (start slow - no need to kill myself, I want to create a habit I can keep for the rest of my life without resentment or angst); make good food choices - not too much sugar or salt. (Ditto above - except going to revise a bit this week. I decided to have snacks while I finished Season 2 of Modern Family instead of working out. Good choice? maybe/maybe not....)
  3. Home: look at three rental properties (at least) - try to put down a deposit on one for move in on March 1 - if none are good, then find at least three more to see next week; book my flight home for first week in February. (DONE! YEA!!! And I think I found a place!)
  4. Wealth: get organized; pay bills; switch the house payment deduction to the new checking account. (Done!)
  5. Head: blog at least three times. (Done, and overachieved on this one - YEA!)
  6. Soul: finish one art journal page; start "special" art project; write my Soul Restoration 2 goals (finish week 3 assignments). (ARGH - I thought I had this one until I re-read it today - I got the first two done, but didn't finish my SR2 goals.)
  7. Heart: grace and gratitude. (I'm a work in progress on this one. This one is really tough, but I'm trying.)

This week:

  1. Work: get caught up on email; consolidate and start working on my "To Do" list.
  2. Health: I'm not even going to kid myself on this one - I'm going home this week, and then taking a road trip back over the weekend. Instead of the food and the working out, let's start with something simpler that will probably help with the other two - I’ll commit to getting at least 6 hours of sleep for at least 5 days this week - keepin' it real.
  3. Home: put down a deposit on rental; paint lights and vents at home; take care of all necessary relo paperwork; make hotel reservations for trip back; pack up and drive my car back to WI.
  4. Wealth: pay bills; make sure all relo expenses have been submitted and paid.
  5. Head: blog at least three times.
  6. Soul: finish "special" art project; write my Soul Restoration 2 goals.
  7. Heart: grace and gratitude.

New day, new week – embracing the journey – hills and valleys.