Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Missin' My Studio

I have to say that I feel a bit weird calling it a 'studio'.   While we may do crafts in there, I think we also do art - and art is done in a studio, so there you have it.  I'm calling it a studio, and that's that.
Anyway, I'm missing it!


Look at how clean it was before I left. 



I brought some supplies with me, and I've been to the Hobby Lobby too many times to mention, but it's just not the same. I don't know what made me think I could live without my sewing machine. I N.E.E.D. it! I cannot wait until my trip home this weekend. I'm going to load it up in the car and haul it and a bunch more stuff back here (as if I have room for any more junk). 

Let me just show you the hardship I'm dealing with... (sarcasm).

I'm in an extended stay hotel, and it's like a teeny, tiny one bedroom apartment.  It's fine for what it is - serves its purpose, but it does not have one single closet!  I don't have anywhere to put my clothes much less my supplies.  So, as I have increased my hoard, I've also had to purchase storage solutions.  It's getting a little crazy...

This is where I'm working now.


Waaaa-laa!  Living room/napping space, dining room, office, studio combo. 

I took the combo theme a bit further and purchase the standing lamp/desk lamp at the Target.  It's ugly, but it's functional and it was cheap - those are my primary purchasing criteria right now.  I hate hotel rooms - why are they always so dark and dreary?  I like to SEE what I'm doing, so I want lots and lots and lots of light - all of the time.

Oh yeah, add kitchen area to that list too!  Here it is - my entire living space (except the bedroom and bathroom).  It is constantly in disarray because it's such a small space to cram all of my stuff into and actually live there, too!  Not to mention the oh-so-lovely burgundy, green, gold and peach color scheme.  I don't remember when I signed up for this kind of roughing it experience, but I don't like it.

I gotta find a place to live.

I'm willing to briefly consider the possibility that I might, just may be the teeny-tiniest bit spoiled.  Naaahhhh....