Thursday, April 21, 2011

Value

I'm sure I'm a little late to the party, but I heard this analogy the other day, and cannot get it out of my head so I thought I'd share...

If you were offered a clean, crisp, new $100 bill, you'd want it, right? Duh, of course!


What if that same $100 was wrinkled and old, would you still want it?  Yep! 

Ok, so what if that old, wrinkly $100 was taken outside and stepped on and it got dirty and maybe a little torn - would you still want it? YES - count me in! :-)
(I realize this is a $50, but I couldn't find a picture of a $100, just play along.)

That money has intrinsic value, no matter what condition it is in.  And, just like that $100 bill, we have an intrinsic value that doesn't change, no matter what circumstances we are in or what decisions we have made.  No matter what has happened or what will happen - no matter how broken or dirty or old or ugly we may feel, it doesn't determine our value! 

The external "packaging" doesn't define us.  Our value doesn't come from what we do, what we have, who we know. Our value comes from everything that makes us who we are - because of our strengths and our weaknesses.  We are valuable because we're here - because we are all children of God and because He loves us and has a plan for us, our value is priceless - simply because we exist. 

LOVE THAT! :-)