Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bummed & Baking

I'm going to start with a wee bit of news.  Remember this post last week - I was waiting for (hopefully) good news.  The Mystical Magical Eight Ball must be broken, or maybe I have some bad mojo goin' on right now.  Yesterday, I heard through the grapevine that the positive news is going to be negative.  It's still not official, but I am officially bummed.

Oh well, it wasn't meant to be I guess.  I know God's working on something really good and it will show up at exactly the right time.  I was just hoping that now was that time.  *sigh*

So, what do you do when it's gray outside, a little gray inside, and you can't get out of your drive way? (that's not snow, it's ice)

Bake!
Maybe this isn't the healthiest way of coping with disappointment and boredom, but it is effective.  I pretty much threw everything I had in the pantry at this one - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I found it online here.  Yummy!

I know that baking is a science, but I tend to look at recipes as a loose guideline.  So, while these were very good and well-balanced, I prefer more peanutty-ness (yep, just made that word up) and more texture.  So, it's not tried and tested, but if I were to make these again, I'd probably reduce the flour a bit so I could add another 1/2 cup of oatmeal and at least 1/4 cup more peanut butter. 

I did manage to make it out of the house late this morning, and I am sitting in my office right now wondering why I bothered to come in today if all I'm going to do while I'm here is blog.  Hmmmm.....

(Note to any future employers:  I'm really not a slacker. This is just a quick break in a very busy day.  Please take into consideration the 7:00 am conference call I was on this morning and the 9:00 pm call I have tonight. )  ;-D

Back to the salt mines....