Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a Dump!

I'm feeling a little "less-than" today.  I've been reading all the blogs that are chock-a-block full of organizing, and cleaning, and simplifying, and resolutioning, and, and, and...

...And I. AM. TIRED.  I'm really, really bone-weary tired. 

My house is a mess!  Not one single Christmas decoration has been taken down and put away - NOT ONE.  I made a comment earlier, wondering why the decorations are beautiful and festive in December, but magically on January 1st they become messy and in the way.

Things seem to be only half-finished lately.  The pans get washed and then sit drying for days (we'll use them again eventually, what's the point of putting them up?)


The kitchen table hasn't been used for a meal in two weeks because it's become a drop zone (along with the kitchen counter) and a temporary work space. Notice the computer battling the Christmas decorations for space.


And it has taken me F-I-V-E days to get the laundry done for only T-H-R-E-E people.  And none of it has been put away yet.

When my space is a mess, my mind is a mess.  I cannot concentrate when these To Do's keep interrupting me, pointing and laughing. 

Anyone else out there still have their Christmas stuff up?  Anyone else need a holiday to recover from the holidays?  Anyone? Anyone?  Beuhler? Beuhler? Beuhler?   Hello?  Is this thing working???