Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Celebrating Edie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDIE!!!

I think I may have mentioned Edie and her blog, Life in Grace, before....like maybe a million times.  Hers was one of the first blogs I found when I started exploring this world, and in case you didn't know, I think she is A-MA-ZING!

When she left a comment on my rookie-blog, I almost fell over I was so excited! I immediately went and told the hubs, and he gave all the right signals to indicate he was happy for me even though he had no idea what I was talking about. I was happy for a week - and how many times did I go back and read that comment? I'm too embarrassed to say - let's just say it still makes me smile!




As soon as you start reading her blog, you are hooked.  Even though you have never met her, you feel like you know her and want her to be your new BFFL. She's so cute and fun and clever - you almost want to hate her, except you just love her so much!  Instead, you want be just like her.  You know, when you meet a new friend, and you talk about them all the time, and start copying the way they've decorated their house, and start reading the same books and listening to the same music that they like.  (Yikes! That sounds slightly creeper-ish, but you know what I mean....ahem.)  Maybe it's that you have stuff in common, but this new friend just expresses it in a much hipper, truer, more soulful way than you do - so it's more like inspiration.  That is Edie. 

She is, truly, an inspiration.

One day, when we grow up, I hope my blog is maybe one tenth as good as hers. I love the way she writes about the everyday - the pretty and not so pretty.  She writes about being a mama and the love she has for her kids shines through in a way that all moms hope they're showing their own children.  She shares stories about her family, she shares recipes, she shares her love of music and books and crafty goodness, and, through it all, she shares her unwavering faith. She shares her gifts with all of us without expectation or reservation.  She's not afraid to be vulnerable - or if she is afraid, it seems she just takes a deep breath and walks right through it.  She is real - and this is why so many of us love her. 

She and her family are in the midst of a very trying time, and instead of asking "Why" or being defeated, she has stood in gratitude. During this time, instead of focusing inward, she has reached out and written posts to try to provide comfort and reassurance to all of those who are worried about her.  Like I said - Edie is an inspiration - just through her actions, she encourages each of us to be better.


Today (actually yesterday, but I haven't gone to bed yet so it's still today for me) is Edie's birthday, and there is a HUGE throw-down goin' on across blog-world to celebrate her.   This virtual community is trying to send our support and big hugs to her in the way we do it best.  I am in awe at the number of people who have joined this party to bless Edie today.  If you read some of the other posts, you will see that I'm not the only one who feels this way about her.  She is well-loved.

Miss Edie, I wish you the happiest of birthdays and mucho buttercream!  Peace be with you!

If you want to party-down, and share the love, come on over to Edie's blog...all the cool kids are doin' it...

life in grace

(PS:  I shamelessly stole these pictures from Edie's blog and facebook - begging forgiveness...)