Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sunset


I am my father's daughter.  As a kid, I remember looking at endless pictures of sunsets - everywhere he went, he took pictures of the sunset.  At the time, I didn't get it - I thought "yeah, yeah, it's another sunset - looks like all the gabillion other ones we've looked at." 
Hmmmm.... things change.

Now, on most days the sunset can stop me in my tracks. No matter what is going on in my world, they are like a little gift from God to remind me of the beauty in every day. 

For me, it's all about the colors.  I love the oranges and blues and purples and pinks and the subtle variations, and how, despite what I used to think, every day brings a different one.

I've heard that something similar happens in the mornings, but I don't know anything about that.  I very rarely get up early enough to witness this event.  :-)

Right now, I feel like my energy is setting, but not in the same graceful and beautiful way as the sun.  Chicken Little goes back to school tomorrow, and my house will get very quiet again.  My energy has been flagging since December, and I'm feeling the need for a bit of hibernation and recovery.  I need to get things in order so that I can regain some focus and purpose this year.  I love blogging, but it does take a ton of energy that I feel like I need to focus in different areas for a while. 

I'm going to take a few more days (maybe a week) off.  I'll see you all soon...