Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Big Texas Sky

Yesterday, Chicken Little and I took a little road trip up to Wichita Falls.  It's about 2 hours northwest of Dallas.  I thought I'd share some classic Texas scenery with you.

Look at this Big Sky

And these next ones were taken in some of the more populated areas we drove through:

 Hungry?

 Anyone lose a hubcap?




When we left at 9 AM, it was rainy and chilly, but no snow.  On the way, it rained and snowed a little, but it was never bad...until we were on the way home.  Luckily the roads didn't get bad until we were about 5 miles from home when they started to get a little slushy and icy.  I know pictures of the snow are not unique for most of you, but this is an EVENT for us.  So, just a few more pictures to make this post even longer.
This is the golf course around the corner from us.  No one out playing today, can't you hear it..." Hey Bob, did you see where my ball went?"

The street into our neighborhood - slip slidin' away.
Finally home...  I just don't think of snow as "heavy" but look at the tree.  (Yes, I did see that stadium roof cave in a few weeks ago, but it's hard to believe it was from too much snow!)


The snow makes everything seem so clean and pretty....to look at through the window from a nice warm house (or car as was the case here).  While I was taking these, I was trying to psyche myself up to get out of the car and go inside.  :-)

Looks like lots of folks got snow this weekend - how 'bout you?

I'm linking this one up to Favorite Things Friday at The Speckled Dog.