Saturday, January 8, 2011

Confession: Stealing Away

So, last night I said I was going to take down the Christmas decorations.   Buuuutttt, I was presented with a much more appealing opportunity.  Chicken Little wanted to go to see Country Strong, the new Gwyneth Paltrow movie.
Country Strong Poster
I like a good, cheesy story, but this one was a bit choppy in parts.  Chicken Little and I totally disagree on this point - she loved it.  I thought it was entertaining, but it was pretty high up there on the cheese-o-meter.

On the other hand, the soundtrack was darn good.  According to the credits, the actors sang their own songs, and they held their own.  There was one song that was played in the background of one scene, and I LOVED it!  I've listened to it about 5 times already.  The song doesn't show up on the soundtrack CD, and the performance credits in the movie went to someone else, but it is the Randy Rogers Band song, Steal You Away - found it on you tube and I will be downloading it from itunes shortly.  Enjoy...



If you like country music, go see the movie, just don't waste your time trying to figure out who likes who.  :-)

Love this song!