Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Prayers

I'd planned a different post for this morning, but instead I've decided to talk about something else.

Edie at Life in Grace has written the most wonderful post called Santa Claus Theology.  I strongly encourage you to click over and read it today. 

life in grace
 
It's a funny thing this whole bloggy world - I have never met any of the wonderful women who's words I read everyday, but I feel like I know them all.  Edie is funny and smart and honest, and her blog is probably my most favorite.  I check it every day, eager for a new post.  She has an amazing gift for always saying just the right thing.

I was catching up on some other blog reading today, and I learned that on Tuesday night, Edie and her family lost their home and everything in it to fire.   According to what I've read, thankfully everyone made it out of the house safely.  In times like these, we are reminded of what is truly important. 


I cannot imagine this happening at any time during the year, but most especially during the holidays.  My heart is breaking for them.  Please include them in your prayers right now.  I'm praying for God's peace and comfort for them during this challenging time.