Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Hits the Living Room

As promised... here's my living room tour.

(Ooops!  I just realized the tie-back on the curtain sprang loose in the picture...)

Here's the overhead view that I took from the loft.  What you can't see in this picture are the built-in shelves to the left of the fireplace.  This is where the TV sits, and on the shelf over the TV, I have put a nativity.  Just to the left of that is the chair , and then on the wall opposite the TV is a cabinet, and I've put my carolers on top of that.


Here are a couple of close ups of the mantle.  Just like the rest of the house, I had put everything but the kitchen sink up there, and then ended up taking most of it down.  I know it doesn't look like it, but I really have been trying to simplify this year.  (Just imagine what it's been like in the past!)



All of these reindeer have come from the Hobby Lobby over the last few years.  I really love them.  I had planned to paint a big picture of a reindeer head this year to put up here instead of the mirror.  Obviously, it didn't happen.  I'd also planned to make a Christmas banner and snowy village, but they didn't quite make it either.  Best laid plans....  Anyway, maybe sometime around July I'll get around to all of it and it will be ready for next year. 

In case you were wondering, the 'C' is for Cash (our last name, not what all this is costing us).  It could stand for Christmas, too - Christmas at Casa de Cash - all kinds of C's going on there.   :-) 

You've seen a few sneak peeks of the BIG tree, I'll show you that in a bit more detail tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

Linking up here: