1. Sunsets like this. The colors were not vibrant, but the subtle yellows and grays were amazing and the clouds looked like they were painted up there taking broad strokes with a mostly dry brush. Amazing!
2. My summer garden is in recovery. Everything had shriveled and wilted in the heat of August, but now that the air is getting cooler and there is a little crispness in the mornings, all of the plants seem to be perking right back up. This hibiscus and the fern right next to it are loving their little corner of the world - they have gotten huge! Before the first frost, I'll have to move them into the garage if I want to keep them alive. That is going to require cleaning out at least one small corner of the garage - let's not think about that part right now. :-)
3. Most of the mums that I planted in the front flower beds last year have come back. They are about to go crazy blooming and I can't wait.
4. Guilty pleasures - Glee and Biggest Loser have started their new seasons and I LOVE those shows!
5. The comfort that comes from knowing that God has a bigger plan for us than even we can dream. All will be well.