Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Denton Community Market

Last weekend (or was it the one before?) we went to a very cool "happening," the Denton Community Market. I don't know what else to call it since it was a combination flea market/craft fair/farmer's market with live music. Denton is a small college town about 30 minutes north of us. It's much groovier than I ever thought. I got so excited that I didn't remember to take any pictures. The market was fairly small - we walked through it in about 30 minutes. While we were there I learned about the Denton Etsy Barn Sale, which I will definitely also be attending!

I bought two bags and a super cool coat hook. This picture only has one bag because I sent the other one to Chicken Little. It's oil cloth on one side and cotton on the other. You can take your stuff to the pool and keep it dry. Then, on the way home, when everything is wet, turn the bag inside out and put the wet stuff in it. CLEVER!!

The coat hook is upside down in the picture. It looks a bit spidery, but it's much neater in person. We're going to hang it on the wall outside by the pool. Perfect for holding suits and towels - yea!

If you're ever in the area on the second Saturday of the month, check it out.