Monday, October 18, 2010

Wordle

Is anyone else hooked on making word clouds at Wordle.net? I found this website through Maryann at Domestically Speaking, and have spent so much time there making these super cool pictures! Love them!!

This is the first one that I did using words that remind me of Fall. I totally stole this idea from Maryann. The trick is the more times you use the words, the bigger they will show up in your "cloud".

Then, I made this one using words that remind me of Chicken Little and sent it to her. I knew that she would love this site better than anyone. Of course, she promptly went and made her own pictures and posted them on her blog.

I think maybe I need to cut down on the number of words I use. That would probably make them a little more graphic because they wouldn't be so busy. It's free, so you can experiment like crazy until you get it just the way you like it. You can also change the colors to fit the theme. FUN STUFF!

You could literally spend HOURS (and maybe I have) playing around here. I'm sitting here thinking I need to go and create something for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then Valentine's Day. Also, wouldn't these be fun to create as birthday presents for all your kids, nieces, nephews, etc.?