Wednesday, July 28, 2010

House Guests

This weekend we had some unexpected house guests. My step-daughter, her husband and their two babies came to stay on Friday because their A/C went kaput, and the new unit wouldn't be delivered until this week.

While the reasons for the visit weren't ideal, it really was great to be able to spend so much time with them...especially the two grand babies! The boys are so cute and sweet and silly. I had forgotten how fun toddlers were to have around.

There are people my age who are just starting their families. I do not know where they find the energy to do it! Both Joe and I had our children very young, and Amanda has followed suit. This choice has its challenges, but honestly I cannot imagine trying to keep up with a toddler (much less TWO!) full time at my age.

There is an African proverb that says "The laughter of a child is the light of a house." I believe this to be true. You will certainly find the energy to do whatever needs to be done in order to hear a child's belly laugh or get one of these cheesy grins.




Honestly, how can you resist faces like these?



Even Lola was trying to get in on the action. This was a little scary for everyone concerned since she's so big. Mostly she just wanted to check out what was going on, play, and have a little lick now and then. The problem is she doesn't realize how big she is, and one lick from her has the potential to drown you!


Oh well....this we had fun, and everyone survived (even Lola), but I have to admit that the old people went to bed a little earlier than usual Monday night!