Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Roots & Wings


This is the project that I was working on in January.  A new baby girl joined the family on January 20th, and what better opportunity to share one of my favorite sayings (and the one where I got this blog's name). 

I had about 20 different ideas of how I wanted this to look, and I couldn't make up my mind.  Finally, I just started doing something, and it just kind of came together as I worked on it.


This was the start - paper piecing in the background and then gesso, ink and paint on top.


And a modeling paste sun, of course.  Above is 'before' and below is the 'after' sun.  I used glossy mod podge - I'm having a love/hate relationship with the gloss MP.  Can't really decide if I like it or not.


As I mentioned, I had several images in my head, but ended up choosing butterfiles for the "wings" part, and...


 
... flowers for the "roots" part.


Still, I think the sentiment is really enough all by itself.


That's it... waaaa-laaa!


Welcome to the world, baby girl!  We are so glad you are here!

Linking up here, here, here, here and here