Saturday, February 18, 2012

Art Journal Backgrounds

I mentioned the other day that I'd been doing a little (very little) bit of art journaling.  I think through this process that I have learned something about myself:  I like to make backgrounds almost better than anything else.


I've been working on something else, so when I had left-over paint I just slapped it on blank pages in various journals.  Results have been inconsistent at best.   Some I liked (above), and some are just ugly (below)...

...but they aren't done yet.  I'm sure that I can save them somehow - if all else fails, gesso will fix the problems. 


I like this one (below).  I haven't really used paint markers before, and I was just experimenting on the border here.  Like it!


And you can't go wrong with modeling paste and plastic doilies:


Used the doily as a stencil (top), then flipped it over and used it as a stamp (bottom).


Love, love, love everything about this page:  dimension, color, layout.  Just have to figure out what else to do with it to finish it off (without ruining it).