Monday, January 23, 2012

Progress

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this brief message:

Have you picked a word for this year?  This seems like a big thing to do in the blog-world.  Last year, because I was a new kid and I wanted to fit in, I picked the word "HEAL", and 2011 was a doozy! I prayed for strength and healing, and the whole year was full of challenges and sickness and pain (physical, fiscal and emotional).  Lucky me!  I got to experience the 'healing' all year long! I'm just sayin', be careful what you ask for...

Now that I've been around the bloggy block a time or two, I'm not quite so eager to jump on this bandwagon.  I don't want to set myself up again, and I certainly don't want to limit 2012 to just one theme. Instead, I'm going to focus on making progress - one step forward at a time ("forward" being the most important part of that sentence).   I don't have a single word for 2012, and I'm really good with that.  I figure, it doesn't matter what I call it, as long as I DO it.

(How's that for making progress already?!)


From here on out, everyday will be Day One - with the same excitement and fresh start that Day One always brings.  And, to keep myself focused on incremental forward  progress (and to force some accountability), every Monday I'm going to post my goals for the week.  Don't expect anything earth shattering - just simple, forward-progress, one-step-at-a-time kinda stuff that hopefully, by the end of 2012, will add up to a happier, more focused, more fulfilled, and more grace-full me. 

I can't imagine why you'd be interested in this particular thread of posts.  However, if you are, I'll also include an update on how I did on last week's goals.  (If you're not interested, then count this as your official warning to avoid my Monday posts.)  :-)

So, here goes... my goals for this week are:
  1. Work:  get caught up on email; consolidate and start working on my "To Do" list.
  2. Health:  work out at least four times for at least 30 minutes each (start slow - no need to kill myself, I want to create a habit I can keep for the rest of my life without resentment or angst); make good food choices - not too much sugar or salt.
  3. Home:  look at three rental properties (at least) - try to put down a deposit on one for move in on March 1 - if none are good, then find at least three more to see next week; book my flight home for first week in February.
  4. Wealth:  get organized; pay bills; switch the house payment deduction to the new checking account.
  5. Head:  blog at least three times.
  6. Soul:  finish one art journal page; start "special" art project; write my Soul Restoration 2 goals (finish week 3 assignments).
  7. Heart:  grace and gratitude.
That's it.  Wow!  That seems like a lot of stuff when I write it all down, but imagine how thrilling it will be when I accomplish all of this!  YEAH, BAY-BEEEE!!