Friday, January 27, 2012

First Day of School

Do you think I slept?

If you answered NO, you would be correct.  I don't sleep very well most of the time, but when I'm away from home I really don't sleep well.  Then, add to that all the anxiety of being alone and starting a new job, and I think I may have slept about 2 hours the first night.


Do I look skeerd?  Hmmm....  Ok, breathe, laugh at yourself, and try again.


That's a little better.  Notice the black suit - I was trying really hard to be a grown up.  I haven't worn it since my first day, but I'm thinking of breaking that bad boy out again this week - if for no other reason than to see how much weight I've gained in the past few weeks.  (ARGH! but that's another story...)


Lovely, no snow!  YEA!!  My first week, it was in the 30's and 40's and there was no snow.  AWESOME!!!  This isn't going to be as bad as everyone led me to believe - maybe I was over-reacting a bit when I bought those snow boots.  I probably won't ever wear them. (hah - just wait...)


What?!  Are you kidding me?  A parking spot of my very own... and it's in the second row!  It doesn't matter how late I'm running, I will always have a spot close to the door, and it's even got my name on it (kinda)!  I'm in love, are you? 


And this is my new 'home away from home.'  I'd spent the day in here putting a few things up and trying to get organized.  The building is very 'industrial' and 'lofty' with the exposed pipes, vents and brick.  I kinda like the vibe. 

You see all that paper on the back part of the desk?  Most of it is gone.  Well - not really gone,  I still have the one pile on the left, the rest has been hidden. I have no idea what's in those folders, so I probably could have thrown it away, but I kept it just in case I need it in the future.  That last remaining pile - that puppy is a goner this week - that's my goal.  I hate hanging onto paper - I'm going electronic, baby.


Facing the other direction, it's not such a good view this way, but I'll bring some art in and it will get better.  It definitely needs some COLOR!!  (I had to close the door so people wouldn't see what a big dork I was taking pictures of my office!  They didn't need to learn that on the first day - we'll just let 'em learn that over time.)


Did you notice that it's dark outside? It was probably about 4:30 pm. Yeah, it gets dark REALLY early here. I'm not loving that part, I need a grow light or a tanning bed... maybe both - but I only want the grow light if it makes me grow taller, not wider! :-)

So, that's it.  I'm all nested in.  It's nice to feel settled in somewhere.  Now, I just have to find a real home for my non-work life.