Monday, December 5, 2011

Sausage Cheese Balls

Before we get to the cooking portion of our show, let's take care of the 25 Days of Christmas business. 

5. Do you hang mistletoe?  Nope - I'm not opposed, but it's just not a tradition we ever did when I was a kid, so I've never added it to my list.



OK - now on with the shew, and oh what a shew we have for you today!

I like to bake in advance and then put stuff in the freezer so the last week before Christmas, I can just take it easy.  (HA! yeah, right - but at least that's always my plan.)  Anyway, it's that time.  I'm thinking about what I'm going to be baking, and I decided to start easy with with a quick appetizer that freezes beautifully.

These Bisquick sausage cheese balls are super, duper easy and they are so, so, so yummy!  So, here ya go:

SAUSAGE CHEESE BALLS



3 cups Bisquick (I use the low fat version - makes no sense when you read the rest of the recipe, but it seems like a good idea.)
1 pound ground sausage (I used Jimmy Dean regular flavor)
4 cups shredded cheddar (it will work with any hard cheese you have on hand)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Preheat the oven to 350, and grease two large sheet trays. 


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (I think its easiest to use your hands to mix it up). 



Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place onto sheet trays.  You can put them pretty close to each other because they don't spread or puff up very much at all.


Pop 'em in the preheated oven for 22 - 28 minutes until the tops are lightly browned.


Remove from oven and serve warm.  If you are going to freeze them, allow them to cool completely (you do not want any condensation in the container or they will get soggy), and then transfer to an airtight container. 


They'll keep for several weeks in the freezer, and when you're ready to serve them, allow them to thaw completely and then you can reheat them in the microwave or a preheated oven for a few minutes.


Serve with ranch dressing or BBQ sauce.

YUMM-A-LICIOUS!

Linking up over at Life in Grace. (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Edie!)  Also linking up here.