Friday, December 16, 2011

Craftin' - Part 1 - Christmas Pillows

I've been busy, busy, busy! 
This sounds absolutely INSANE, but I'm gonna tell you anyway.  I had a dream about these pillows, and when I woke up I HAD to make them!  Seriously - a dream - about pillows?!  YES, and aren't they cute?!


I went right out and bought some white and off-white lace and trim.  Then, I just used various fabric scraps (felt, canvas, burlap, linen, an old sweater) that I already had for the rest of it.

First, I cut out the triangles/trees.  I stamped dots or music notes on some of them with permanent ink.  Then, I sewed the trim on them - no rhyme or reason to the placement - just stitched it on.

I sewed the burlap to a piece of cotton canvas to give it a little more strength, then I added the trees. Once again, no plan - just pinned 'em down and zig-zag stitched around 'em - unfinished edges because I think that's cuter. 


I had two 14 x 14 pillow forms, so I used those for two of the pillows.  I don't even know the measurements of the third one - the plaid fabric scrap was a rectangle, and I just made the front to fit it and stuffed it with polyfill. 


The backs (obviously) - the plaid fabric is an old shirt, the floral is just a remnant I picked up somewhere, and the tan one is from an old sweater.  Look at me upcycling - I'm so trendy.  LOL!


So, so, so cute - even if I do say so myself!  LOVE!!

Linking up here, here, here, herehere and here.


25 Days of Christmas

16.  Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, or Christmas afternoon?

We have several big meals:  Christmas Eve with my mom and family, at some point on Christmas day with my dad and family, and either later Christmas day or the next day with Joe's family.  It's really gluttonous - but it's only once (for three times) a year.  :-)