Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Minimalism

For a really long time, I've lived my life with a "more is more" mind set.  In some areas, this isn't so bad.  In others (like food and shopping!), it's not such a good thing.

So, last year some of you may remember the Halloween House, and all the decorating I did. If not, you can check it out here

This year I've adopted a new approach.  I've been decorated since the end of August...


Isn't he cute?!  That's my nod to Halloween. I bought him right before I took Chicken Little back to school, and he's been on display ever since.  (I was just too lazy to put him away.)

The card is from CL.  Give a hoot, cause it's so cute.  (LOL - ugh!)  CL has also been prepared for Halloween for quite a while because she made all of these cards while she was home this summer.  Give her credit - she did wait to send it until just a few weeks ago. 

So, that's pretty much it, except for the mantle.


I kinda like it. 

AND when it comes time to switch it out for Thanksgiving.... BAM!  I'm done.  :-)

I think I could really begin to embrace this whole minimalist thing.