Sunday, October 9, 2011

Joy

I love color! ...and I love instant gratification.  And that's what this little project was all about.

Take all those broken crayons and peel the paper off.  Or not - that was the most tedious part, and I think it would be fine if the paper was left on.

Hot glue them to the top of a canvas, and then hit 'em with your heat gun.  I tried a hair dryer also, but it ended up blowing the wax too much.


I did this over an old cookie sheet and after I finished the first one, I noticed the drips!  OMG!  L.O.V.E.  Wish that I had done it over a big canvas....


So, I had to make a couple more just to try it.  It didn't work as well as the cookie sheet, but still pretty groovy. I think it would be REALLY awesome if the canvas background was painted black or charcoal first.



How can this not make you happy, happy, happy?

This was fun, but I have absolutely NO idea what I'm going to do with these.  Does anybody out there want one?  If so, shoot me an email.