Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Instead of Art Journaling - Part 2

Continuing from yesterday, here are the rest of my Bible Verse cards - at least the ones I've finished so far...



On this one, I was playing around with Liquitex acrylic inks.  I love the vibrancy of the colors!



I don't love these two.  I just couldn't figure them out, and I kept adding more stuff trying to fix it and it just kept getting worse. Oh well...  



I like the way these two go together with all the blues.

And some of my favorites are for upcoming months - I can't wait until it's time to add the Bible verses to these.


As you can tell, I'm working in the book both vertically and horizontally.  I decided not to limit myself on the direction and I'm so glad.  It's given me more options and I think the vertical pages are some of the best.



I've had this tulip forever. I cut it out of a magazine, and it was twice as long as this. So that I could use it here, I cut it in half and just used the leaves as a background for the flower part.  I just LOVE the way both of those pages turned out! Pretty and simple - hmmmm... Maybe that's a lesson I should pay attention to in the future.


On the writing side of this spread, I'm not finished.  I need to figure out something to put on that page that will give me enough un-busy space to write on.


That's it - that's the last page I've done so far.  I LOVE that leopard print.  It's from a small paper sack that I couldn't bring myself to throw away.  Can you say hoarder?

Anyway, I'm having so much more fun with this.  As I work on the pages, I'm also working on the memorization part of this project.  

I'm thinking I should get another 4" x 6" note card spiral and use that as my art journal.  It's much less intimidating than trying to tackle the full-sized, hardback book I've been trying to work in.  Since I've never done it before, I think this may be a much better way to start.  They are small and quick.  Almost instant gratification - and I LOVE that!

Linking up here