Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Room with a View

Yesterday, it was the view from my office.  Today, it's the view from my temporary (?) office...


I'm at a company boondoggle in Ft. Lauderdale this week.  It's not exciting because this is the closest I will get to the ocean all week.  We will be cooped up in meetings and then "teambuilding" events until 9 or 10 each night.  I think giving us a little space and time away from each other would go a lot further for building this team!  It's cruel and unusual punishment to put people up at a fancy hotel sandwiched between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intercoastal, and then never let them leave the building. 

Oh well... it could be worse.  At least, I've got a job, and I was able to take these pictures from the little table/desk in my room while I was doing email.  Do you think it's kinda pitiful that the best parts of my job have boiled down to having a nice view?!  I'm thinking for the 1/3 of my day that I spend at work, I should get a little more out of it than a good view.  (Oh yeah, there is that paycheck part - that part is always good.)