Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Dining Room Tour

A few days ago, I posted a quick tour of our Christmas decorations.  I've sorted through the photos, and over the next few days, I'll share a couple of the rooms in a little more detail.  Today, it's the dining room and entry. 

When you walk in the front door, the dining room is on the right, and the tree and nativity are on the left.  Through the closed french doors is the office - since Joe has switched jobs, neither one of us uses it much anymore, so I'm thinking of turning it into a library type of room.  We will see - I'll think about that after the New Year.

I decided to get all fancy and took the aerial view from the upstairs catwalk.  :-)


I L.O.V.E. my nativity. Got it from the Costco 8 or 9 years ago.  Love the animals, and the animal loves them...
In case you haven't guessed, the entry is one of Lola's favorite spots.  She can keep an eye on her yard, and be in the middle of everything. 

On this tree, I put all of my "official" White House ornaments, along with several other gold and clear ornaments.  The tree skirt was my Granny's - obviously handmade. Every year, I think I need to restitch parts of it, but then I like it just the way it is.


Now, turn around and look at the dining room.  I keep going back and forth: do I want to make it full-time fancy or do I want to make it more rustic with a pine table and bead board under the chair rail?  Since I haven't been able to make up my mind, it's looked like this for the past 5 years.  We only use it a few times a year, so it doesn't bother me much.  But, I digress, I FINALLY was able to decide on some decorations for this room that I actually like. 

On Christmas, I'll set the table with my white and gold place mats, gold chargers, and white dishes.  I think it will be really pretty!



Those reindeer (or maybe they're elk) are making me really happy.  I don't know why I love them so much, but I've been trying to figure out where I can put them so they don't have to be exiled to the attic after Christmas.

Day and night views of the tree in the dining room.  It's a silver tinsel tree with gold, silver and clear ornaments.  Compared to the other trees in the house, this one is really simple, but it doesn't look like it.

So, that's the front of the house...  I'm off to put some bows on presents while I watch more super-cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel!

Linking up here: