Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving at Casa de Cash

This week is crazy busy.  We're hosting Thanksgiving at our house, just a small group, but that doesn't mean any less cleaning and craziness on my part.  In addition, I'm trying to get completely caught up on my work/email so that I can enjoy the holiday without anything hanging over my head. 

So, here's a quick post on what the house looks like for the big feast-ivities! Sorry for the picture quality - I was trying not to use the flash.


In the kitchen, I changed the Halloween shelf into a Thanksgiving shelf.  I got the Indians from my mother a few years ago.  I love them.  I wish I could find the Pilgrims - I think they would be cute on the table - maybe next year.


This is the dining room.  It's the same white pumpkins from Halloween, but with much less "stuff".  I decided to keep it relatively simple, and I like it.  Easy-peasy to put away after the meal, so I can move on the the Christmas-crazy.




Don't you LOVE these pilgrims?  I found them at Hobby Lobby a few years ago.  I don't really know what to do with them, but I love them.


Finally, I took my homemade cloches (found the parts at the Goodwill and put them all together), added a few pumpkins and leaves, set them on the kitchen/living room pass-through and called it done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  And I hope we can all take a minute out of all the activity to slow down and enjoy the day and the time with your family and friends.