Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saturday Summary

I had big plans for yesterday - I got some of the things done, but as usual not nearly as much as I was hoping to accomplish. 

I got up early and had a breakfast of champions...
Not really, I just love me some Honeycomb cereal. I don't buy it very often, because I can eat the whole box! The weekend is the only time I have time to sit down and have a bowl of cereal in the mornings, so I splurged. YUMMY! :-)


Then I went outside and inspected the back yard. I'm seeing pictures all over the place of lovely fall colored leaves and landscapes, but not in Texas. The hibiscus are STILL blooming.
And then there's the "fertility corner". Keep all young women and girls away from this this part of the yard! This is the area right outside our master bedroom (YIKES!). All summer, it's been growing like crazy and the plants in these pots and beds have gotten out of control.

  

Loved the way the water drops looked like drops of mercury on these leaves. The picture didn't really capture it, but it was so pretty.



We moved into this house almost 5 years ago, and I've had a box of crosses in the garage since the move. I just wasn't sure where to hang them. I moved a clock that was hanging on this very short wall leading from the kitchen to the laundry room, and decided to hang them here. I'm so happy to finally have them back on display, and I LOVE it!!

I got this coupon in the mail this week, so I figured I'd check it out since I've been hearing good things about Payless lately (here).
I've been having some knee trouble lately so I'm limited to flat shoes for now. This is a bummer because I love me some heels! Anyway, this is what I ended up walking away with. Pretty cute, huh?

 From Payless I went to Hobby Lobby. I've got mixed emotions about Hobby Lobby. I love some of their stuff, but the customer service there is pretty much non-existant. I'm not even going to discuss the conversation I had with the Customer Service Manager yesterday. Let's just say that, in my humble opinion, they did not select the right person for that job. Anyway, I ended up leaving with most of what was on my list.


But, while I was there.... OUCH!!! Have you felt it yet? I was bitten by the Christmas bug!


Also, I remembered that last year, instead of hauling our ancient, pitiful, most-of-the-lights-burned-out, Christmas tree back up into the attic, I insisted we throw it away. I wanted to make sure that we didn't have any choice but to buy a new one this year, or go without. I would love to have a skinny one, about 9' tall, but I'm not sure if that is wise. We are talking about downsizing the house and if I get a 9' tree, will it be too tall for a smaller house? Ugh!

And I'm not wanting to spend this kind of money on a new tree!
I think I found the style I like though - skinny with the little pinecones on it and pre-lit.  I'm sure they'll go on sale - at least 50% off sometime before Christmas. (Hopefully before Thanksgiving so I will have it when I want to put it up the day after.)

Finally, I spent about an hour searching for a newspaper.  They were sold out!  Friday night, the Texas Rangers won the game that is going to send them to the World Series for the first time EVER.  So, I was trying to find a paper for Joe.  Oh well...

I came home and spent the rest of the evening catching up on some reading.

I'm happy that I accomplished what I did, but I always need 4 or 5 more hours each day. Does this happen to you?  Do you usually run out of time before you run out list?  If not, how do you manage it?