Monday, September 6, 2010

The Road Goes On Forever

I started home later than I had planned... remember, I said it was hard to leave. I just fussed around like the mama hen until I was about to be kicked out.

So back along the Virginia Creeper Trail. Something about that name makes me uneasy - like I expect it to be haunted by all kinds of pervs and weirdos. I don't think the name does the scenery any justice.



I don't know what this is or where it is - somewhere in Virginia or Tennessee. Again, something about it made me uneasy. It looked out of place.



This, however, looked perfect.



And the road goes on forever....


It was a long trip home. I got in about 1:00 AM on Friday/Saturday, and went to bed. I stayed in bed all weekend - partially because I was exhausted from the trip, and partially because I couldn't think of any good reason to get up. I was in a bit of a funk.

Going to work on Monday was difficult, but I made myself get up and go. I was still wiped out - physically, mentally and emotionally. I felt like I was having to learn how to interact with my environment in a whole new way. I felt awkward talking to people at work, and weird being home with just me and Joe. I felt slightly uncomfortable all day. I was in bed before 7:00 that night.

There’s no need for concern - it's just a transition phase. I'm a big fan of cocooning -wrapping my old self up and not coming out until I'm transformed and ready to be new. It's a little weird still and the house seems kind of empty, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable and at the same time, a new sense of energy. I am starting to think about the possibilities and opportunities, and I can feel myself already starting to ease into this new way of being.