Saturday, July 24, 2010

Date Night with Joe & Michael Buble



In March I bought myself tickets to Michael Buble, then I told my hubby what he got me and how much I loved it. :-)

It has been so hot here lately that it’s really hard to work up the energy to do anything, even something fun. The last thing I wanted to do last Sunday afternoon was get ready for a night out. If I didn’t want to get ready to go, I’m sure you can just imagine how thrilled my “date” was to go. He tried to get out of it, but no such luck.

So, we drug ourselves out of the pool and into some real clothes, and headed downtown. And we were not disappointed! The show was amazing!! It was the last show of the tour, and they threw a really swingin' party.

The opening act was a vocal group called Naturally 7. (pic 1) There were no instruments, but they made all the instrument sounds themselves. One person sounded like the drums, one like a bass, a couple like guitars, horns and harmonicas. They were great!

Michael Buble was awesome! I feel like a creepy old lady saying it, but he is so cute! (pic 2) I didn’t know what to expect, or how a big band was going to translate to an arena. No need to worry. It was a great show – at one point he walked through the audience to get to a smaller stage in the middle of the arena floor. (pics 3 & 4) You would have thought those people were going to lose their minds. It felt like a much more intimate venue. I LOVED it! Even Joe really enjoyed the show.

Fun, fun, fun! And temporarily we even forgot all about the sweltering heat outside.