Friday, July 9, 2010

Sanibel & Captiva



This has to be one of my new favorite places. Sanibel and Captiva Islands just off the coast of Ft. Meyers, Florida are GORGEOUS!

About a year ago I was watching a show on the Travel Channel about the best beaches for finding shells and these islands were listed as the best. That, of course, meant they went immediately to the top of my "Must Go There" list.

We spent all day Wednesday hanging out, combing the beach for shells - I found TONS (more on that later this week) - and then eating and watching the sunset at the Mucky Duck Pub. It was fab-u-lous! Both islands are relatively small with lots of bike lanes and tons of places to stay, but we just went down for the day. Next time....

The top two pictures I took from my beach chair on the Sanibel beach, and the bottom two I took on Captiva.




Heading home tomorrow - hopefully the trip home will be much quicker than the drive here. I'll be posting pictures of all my treasures from the last few days over the next week.