Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WARNING: GRUMPY ALERT! DANGER!

WARNING:  GRUMPY OLD LADY! BEWARE! DANGER!  BAH HUMBUG!


Don't say I didn't warn you.... 

I feel like I've been eaten by a Holiday Monster.  I cannot seem to FINISH the Christmas decorations, baking, shopping, wrapping, crafting, etc.  Everything seems to be half-done and I'm stuck.

Just to put it in perspective, this is what I started with on the day after Thanksgiving.


This does not include the main tree or the outside lights. Oh.My.Gracious!  Once again, I've gone with the "More is More" theme for the holidays.  I do not know why I do this to myself.  

Don't get me wrong, I L.O.V.E. Christmas, but this year I'm finding it really overwhelming!

Other than having too much junk stuff, I'm stumped by two new things I bought this year.  I bought  two gorgeous red cut class vases/candle holders at Hobby Lobby and these two fabulous white reindeer at Z Gallerie.

I want to use things like this in my holiday decorating, the problem is that these are chic and cool and everything else that I have is NOT. 

Normally, I can get a "vision" of how I want my table, mantle, whatever to look and then make it happen.  I have no vision this year, and I don't want to work on anything else (baking, wrapping, cards, blah, blah, blah) until it looks like Christmas and the mess of the empty boxes is put away.

On the upside, the "big" tree is finished, the nativities are in place, and I think I made some good progress on everything else last night. 


I swear, I do not care if it harelip's the governor, I WILL finish the decorating TONIGHT!  Whatever doesn't get done tonight is just not going to happen.  


Is anyone else struggling with this as much as I am?