Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween Crafting

I was looking for a quick Halloween crafting project, and after going through some old magazines and books, I got inspired to paint these three little wooden plaques that I had laying around.

I used acrylic paint, and painted directly onto the wood. Once I finished the main images, I put coat of water-based satin finish varnish on them. I tinted the varnish with a bit of light brown paint to give them a little bit of “age.”


I love the color of the sun and the sky on this one.

I really like the way the owl turned out. I like the simplicity of the silhouette.

After they were dry, I added some picture hangers to the back because I didn’t know what I was going to do with them. Instead of hanging them, I ended up just tucking them into my Halloween decorations, but I also think they would have been cute hanging in a row on a wall.



Lots of Halloween inspiration out there in blog-land. I'm linking to a couple of Link Parties - check them out: