Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's a sickness...

I was in the kitchen looking for something this weekend and I had a moment that made me go, "hmmmm".... Now, I don't want to be too hasty, or jump to any crazy conclusions, but it is possible, that maybe, I just MIGHT have a problem.




This doesn't include the good china that's in the cabinet over the fridge that I can't reach, or the other set of Christmas plates that are in that same cabinet.


Then there is the placemat, napkin and tablecloth collection.

As much as I love these, you would think that I would store them a little more thoughtfully.

And… I’m only showing you ONE cabinet of glassware.

There is more – oh, so much more – but that is more than enough sharing for today. I recognize that I am a greed-ball when it comes to anything in the kitchen (dishes, glasses, pots and pans, linens, etc.). I have no excuse other than to say that I am a southern woman. I'm sure most of my southern sisters out there completely understand that explanation.

I have visions of dinner parties and holidays and being able to set a Martha-worthy table, which I think I have only done 2 – 3 times – EVER! But, that is beside the point. If the occasion should arise when I need to or want to, I will be prepared.

Surely I am not the only person like this, is there anyone else out there that if asked, has enough dishware to serve dinner to their entire town?

What was I looking for that started this parade of gluttony? I got so distracted that I don’t remember. Whatever it was, I’m sure I found it or another one just like it. :-)