Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Friday-Night-Date-Night

Last Friday I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. My company has a suite at the new Cowboys Stadium. Typically, these seats are used only for customers, sales people, and executives (I fall into none of these categories). Well... no one wanted the seats to the show that night: Countdown to Super Bowl XLV.

Honestly, I didn't think I really wanted to go either, but I knew that Joe would probably like to go. And, best of all, we got the parking pass that goes with the suite. It would have been crazy to turn them down.

We spent the first hour in the Legends Bar eating dinner and drinking margaritas (me - and yes, that was plural on purpose), and beer (Joe - he had much more restraint than I did). None of this cost us a single dime (except for tips) - LOVE THAT!

When we headed to our seats, we discovered that the view to the stage was blocked. Bummer! BUT WAIT...since we couldn't see, regular seat tickets were provided. YEA! GREAT SEATS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know who this is? No?


Ok - how about now? ;-)

That's right! Tim McGraw!


Oh my goodness - what a show! I had not seen him in concert before, but he was so ah-ma-zing!


And so cute! (sorry Joe - but the Cowboys cheerleaders were on stage before Tim, so all was fair, right?)
It's been a long time since we've had so much fun. I sang along to every song (I had to feel just a little sorry for the people next to us - but that didn't stop me)! We really had a great time, loved the show, and felt very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to attend. Isn't it awesome when things work out way better than you anticipated?!